Monday, July 20, 2015

Surfer Mick Fanning escapes shark attack

Shark attack

A surfing competition in South Africa was canceled Sunday after professional surfer Mick Fanning escaped a shark attack in the opening minutes of the final heat.

“I was just sitting there and I felt something just get stuck in my leg rope, and I was kicking trying to get it away,” Fanning said in the video.

Despite the scare, the three-time world champion wasn’t going down without a fight.

“I just saw fins. I was waiting for the teeth to come at me. …I punched it in the back,” he said.

Organizers of the J-Bay Open, the sixth stop on the 2015 Samsung Galaxy World Surf League Championship Tour, called off the remainder of the competition. After discussion with WSL Commissioner Kieren Perrow, Fanning and competitor Julian Wilson decided to take equal second in rankings points and split the prize purse awarded to the winner… [Read More]




from WordPress http://ift.tt/1fhSCf5
via IFTTT Beach, Surfing, Water Sports, J-Bay Open, Shark Attack

No comments:

Post a Comment