Friday, July 17, 2015

Perfect wave lines arrived at the J-Bay Open 2015

Jeff Blemaster surfing

All South African surfers are out of the J-Bay Open 2015, at Jeffreys Bay, as the competition hits Round 3.

The jewel of Africa showed its perfection, with clean four-to-six foot (1.5 meters) waves pumping down the line. Unfortunately for local star Jordy Smith, the game is over early. Blame it on Adam Melling, who later lost his Round 3 clash against Nat Young.

“It’s obviously a difficult wave on your backhand because it slows down and speeds up, and it’s kind of hard to read. I do feel comfortable on my backhand though. I grew up surfing waves not quite this good but similar, so I’m excited to surf out here,” said Young.

Filipe Toledo survived his Round 2 heat against last-minute replacement Michael February. Fortunately for the Brazilian, an early eight-point ride dictated the final result.

“It’s really tough to be in Round 2. I was kind of nervous for sure because Michael knows the wave pretty well. It’s all different here – it’s cold, you surf rights and it’s really windy, so it’s tough,” expressed Toledo.

Joel Parking is a winner at Jeffreys Bay, but his 18.84 points nearly cost him an odd defeat in Round 2. A stellar performance by Ricardo Christie (18.13 points) almost put an end to the Australian’s run.

“That’s the heat you just dream of at J-Bay. I’ve got a couple of throw away results, but I won’t give up. I’m happy where I am and I’ve been surfing well. I just started quite bad, but I feel like I’m not the only one who started slow. It will be a race to see who finishes strong,” added Parkinson…. [Read More]




from WordPress http://ift.tt/1JnLe9M
via IFTTT Beach, Surfing, Blog, J-Bay Open, Summer, Water sports

No comments:

Post a Comment